Last Updated August 23, 2016
By accessing and using this Website, you understand how we collect and use your Information and agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree accept these terms, please do not use or visit this Website or participate in any promotion offered or promoted on this Website.
We also describe additional rights that California users have under the California “Shine the Light” law.
When Do We Collect Information and What Do We Collect?
We collect Information in many ways, including –
- When you register on our website and voluntarily provide your Personal Information – typically your full name, postal address, email address, birthdate, gender and telephone number.
- When you voluntarily provide other Personal Information through surveys or questionnaires, such as health, medical, lifestyle and general interest related information which we will associate with your registration Personal Information.
- When you voluntarily contact us for customer service, typically via email, postal mail or telephone.
- When you interact with an advertiser on the Website and we collect your Information on their behalf.
- We may also collect other Information when you visit the Website and/or voluntarily submit your Personal Information, such as your IP address, computer operating system, browser, device type, referring URL, click activity and wireless carrier.
- Where applicable, when you voluntarily complete and submit the reward redemption voucher and related documentation, we collect your full name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Where applicable, if a redeemed reward has a value of $600 or more, as required by Federal Law, we will collect Personal Information on Form W-9, which includes your full name, postal address and Social Security Number.
- Through the use of “cookies” (small text files placed on a user’s computer that track online behavior), single-pixel GIF image files (also called “web beacons”) and other technological means.
We may use third party data and data provided by our affiliates (which includes our parent, subsidiaries and other entities under common control with us; collectively, Affiliates) to augment and/or verify the Information we collect from users and we may also associate demographic and other data we collect, such as the user’s browser and device, with their Personal Information.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- We use your Information to administer our business activities, perform analytics, to provide customer service and to send you important notifications by email.
- We may use your email address to send you commercial email we believe you may have an interest. We may use your postal address to send you mail about products and services we believe you may have an interest.
- Where applicable, we use your name and postal address to fulfill any gifts that have been properly redeemed. For any gift redeemed over $600, we also send you Form 1099.
- We may aggregate your Personal Information with other Information we collected at the time you visit our Website and/or voluntarily submit your Personal Information, such as your IP address, computer operating system, device type, referring URL, click activity, survey responses related to your health and lifestyle and other interest information.
- We may use your Information, or the encrypted/hashed version of your Information, to deliver more relevant or personalized advertising to you on the Web site, or across other websites, social networks and marketing channels.
How is Your Information Shared?
- We may share your email Information with our mailing partner, who may send you third-party emails about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share your Information with our Affiliates and third party marketing partners. These partners may utilize postal, display, social or other marketing channels to contact you.
- We may share your Information with our Affiliates and third parties for analytic purposes, data append services, data validation, enhancement or other non-marketing purposes.
- If you interacted with an advertiser on our Website, we may share your Information with that advertiser.
- We may share your Information with our service providers who assist us with operating our business. These include email validation, fraud detection, email service and display service providers.
- If applicable, we will share your Information with the IRS (Form 1099), as required by Federal Law, if you receive a reward valued at $600 or more.
- If we consider a transaction involving the purchase or sale of our assets or stock, other companies may review our records, including your Information, to make business decisions about the transaction. Likewise, if there’s a sale or acquisition of our company or any of its assets, your Information may be transferred to the purchasers.
- We may share your Information with our Affiliates and/or third parties to develop and/or enhance their products and/or services.
- Session Cookie: We place session cookies to assist with the navigation of our Website and to store information temporarily. Session cookies expire soon after a user quits their session.
- Persistent Cookie: We place a persistent cookie to assist us in identifying when you visit our websites again, to track gift fulfillment requirements and to enhance your experience, including advertising you may be exposed to. These cookies remain on your computer or mobile device until deleted or they expire.
Additionally, we allow third party partners to place cookies on your computer or mobile device. Our persistent cookie and these third party cookies may be linked to your IP address, browser version, operating system, device, demographic or inferred interest information. We may use them to help deliver more relevant advertising to you and to identify you on unaffiliated websites, apps, ad networks or for analytics, attribution and reporting purposes.
It is important to know that:
- It may take up to 10 days for an unsubscribe request to become fully effective and;
Users may opt out from the collection of online viewing data for behavioral advertising purposes by companies who have elected to participate in one of the behavioral advertising opt-out mechanisms such as the Digital Adverting Alliance’s opt-out program located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org. As is the case with most websites, we have not elected to participate in any of these programs at this time or alter our behavior when a user of our Website has activated the “do-not-track” setting on their browser (see, “Browser “Do Not Track” Signals”, described below).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO ADVERTISERS ON THIS SITE.
You are able to access certain advertiser’s web sites through our Website. When you choose to interact, receive information or sign up for an offer from an advertiser, you may be doing so through third party web sites and with other entities over which we have no control. You should read those sites’ privacy policies to make sure you understand how those web sites collect, use and share your Information. We have no control over use of your Information by these third party web sites.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of your Information. We currently do not encrypt Information that we store. Given the nature of the Internet, your Information passes through entities that we are unable to control. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our security measures or those of third parties who access or transmit your Information will prevent your Information from being illegally accessed, stolen or altered.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
All users who provide their Information to us may modify and correct their Information by contacting us here.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request information regarding our disclosure of their Information to third parties including the categories of Information shared and a list of the names and addresses of third parties with whom the Information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a request by contacting us here or by writing to us at the address set forth below. In your request, please specify that you want “Your Sizzling Credit Cards California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
Most browsers contain a “do-not-track” setting. In general, when a “do-not-track” setting is active, the user’s browser notifies other websites that the user does not want their Information and online behavior to be tracked and used, for example, for behavioral advertising. As required by recent Shine the Light law amendments we are required to inform you that, as is the case with most websites, we do not honor or alter our behavior when a user to our Website has activated the “do-not-track” setting on his/her browser.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
If at any time you do not wish to receive further information about products or services from us and wish us to cease providing your Information to third parties, you may choose to “opt-out” through the Unsubscribe/”Opt-Out” page of our site or by written request sent by U.S. mail to our Customer Service Manager at the following address:
Customer Service Department
13762 W. SR. 84, Suite 612
Davie, FL 33325
We will promptly update our records when we receive your clear instructions to opt-out, but it may take up to ten (10) business days from our receipt of your request for the change to be fully effective. If you later give us a clear statement that you want to receive emails from us or our advertisers after such date, then that opt-in statement will supersede any earlier opt-out request. If we have already provided your email address or other information to an advertiser or other third party before we receive your opt-out request, we cannot prevent them from sending or continuing to send you information or emails and you will need to contact such third party directly.